REO Heavy Equipment was established in 2004 by the Ostwald family. We’ve been a franchisee for CJD Volvo Construction Equipment from the beginning. Our fully equipped workshop houses 5 fully qualified diesel fitters and one apprentice, servicing the CQ region: Miriam Vale in the south, to Marlborough in the north and Longreach in the west.
R.E.O.’s fully equipped workshop allows us to complete all service and repair work in-house. This includes auto electrical, air conditioning, hydraulic, mechanical and engineering work. Our experienced staff also travel to our clients for heavy equipment repair services, covering the extensive Volvo range.
Assets & capabilities
- Isuzu service truck complete with compressor and Hiab crane
- Fully equipped field service utes
- 100t mobile track press
- 1000L service trailer with recovery pumps
- Business agreement with a local steel fabricator
- Equipment dry hire with support from CJD Volvo Construction Equipment
- Operations manager
- Business manager
- Five diesel fitters plus one apprentice
- Parts interpreter
- Administration officer
- Diesel fitting
- Automotive air conditioner maintenance services
- Undercarriage services
- Ground engaging tools services
- Genuine and after market parts
- Servicing and parts for all leading earthmoving equipment manufacturers
- Mobil & Fuchs Oil distributor
- Maintenance management and planning
- Oil analysis
- Genuine and non-genuine filtration services
- Steel fabrication services
- Plant dry hire
Robert Halberstater: Business manager
10 years earthmoving experience with a fleet that included Volvo Construction equipment. Prior to this, Robert worked in the agriculture and banking fields.
Kelvin Bath: Operations manager
A qualified diesel fitter with industry employment over his whole working life, Kelvin has held management positions with Sibelco, MEM and Komatsu.
REO Heavy Equipment is an equal opportunity employer. Potential applicants are invited to submit their resume to our front office.